Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sauna Sunday


Remember these guys??? Well, it just seems like yesterday when we got those Harley jackets. Now, even the largest one won't fit even Kevin. This is a miracle that a friend of mine once said you're part of even if you don't do anything about it. You can just watch them grow.
We went to an interesting lecture yesterday about parenting, and one beautiful idea there was, that what matters most is the educated educator. You can only pass on what you've got. Can't preach about values or truths, if you don't live them, it won't make a difference. And only 20% of the personality is the rational knowlege. The rest is emotional intelligence. Great stuff. It's a system that was put together by a German priest named Joseph Kentenich a 100 years ago.

This afternoon I was very grateful to Kimo for taking the children, and I had time to go the sauna at a local hotel. The heat felt so good for my stuffy head. It felt very refreshing to do something that I used to do a lot before I had children. Just made me think how much time I used to have on my hands, and I didn't realise it back then. Now it seems all my time is a logistically important factor. I don't mind it, though, like my old friend Sarah used to say, "Keeps me out of mischief". But a short pause recharges the batteries so they work better afterwards. And tomorrow's Monday, Advent is approaching fast, they already put Christmas decorations up in town....

No comments: